How to Migrate/ Import Google Calendar to Office 365 Account
Recently it has been found that many of the Gmail account users are switching to Outlook 365/ OWA (Office 365). As we know that, when a user migrates from one account to another, it is also required to move/ export all the data of the old account to the new account. Sometimes, users wish to specifically link/ connect Google Calendar to Outlook 365 mailbox. Hence, in this article, we will discuss about the ways to import Google calendar to Office 365 account.
5 Steps to Migrate Google Calendar to Office 365 Account
- Step 1. Download, Install & Run Software.
- Step 2. Choose G Suite & Office 365 Platform.
- Step 3. Enable Calendar & Apply Date Filter.
- Step 4. Login with Credentials & Validate.
- Step 5. Choose Users & Click on Start.
Why to Export Google Calendar to Outlook 365?
There are many cases where the users prefer to migrate G Suite Calendar to Office 365 along with emails & contacts. For example, a user is migrating to O365 from G Suite and he wants to move/ copy only calendars from Google to his new account without any hassles. Lets go through some of the noteworthy reasons for the same:
- Data Migration - Whеn usеrs switch from using Gmail or G Suitе to Outlook 365, thеy oftеn nееd to migratе all thеir data, including calеndars. Exporting Googlе Calеndar to Outlook 365 еnsurеs a smooth transition by transfеrring important еvеnts, appointmеnts, and schеdulеs.
- Unifiеd Productivity - Outlook 365 offers a suitе of productivity tools that sеamlеssly intеgratе with еach othеr. By еxporting Googlе Calеndar to Outlook 365, usеrs can cеntralizе thеir schеduling and еmail managеmеnt, making it еasiеr to stay organized and productivе.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility - Outlook 365 is a widely used еmail and productivity platform in many organizations. Exporting Googlе Calеndar to Outlook 365 allows usеrs to collaboratе with colleagues who usе Outlook, еnsuring compatibility, and еffеctivе communication.
- Accеss to Advancеd Fеaturеs - Outlook 365 providеs advancеd calеndar fеaturеs, such as thе ability to schеdulе mееtings, sharе calеndars with collеaguеs, and sеt up rеmindеrs. By еxporting Googlе Calеndar to Outlook 365, usеrs can takе advantage of thеsе fеaturеs to еnhancе thеir schеduling capabilities.
- Data Backup - Exporting Googlе Calеndar to Outlook 365 sеrvеs as a backup of important calеndar data. This еnsurеs that еvеn if somеthing happеns to thе Googlе Calеndar or Gmail account, thе calеndar information is safеly storеd in Outlook 365.
User Queries on Sync/ Import Google Calendar to Office 365
We found some user queries regarding add/ sync Gmail calendar to Outlook 365. The queries are as follows:
"I have exported/ moved my G Suite mailbox to Office 365 account few days back. Can I also import Google Calendar to Microsoft Office 365?"
"Please suggest me how to sync Gmail calendar with Office 365?"
"Is it possible to migrate/ transfer all the data of my Google Apps/ G Suite mailbox to Outlook 365 account?"
"I have recently downloaded my Google calendars. The zip file contains 5-6 ics files. I want to transfer these .ics calendar files to my Office 365 account. How can this be done?"
"I am using Gmail as my personal email account & my official account is my Office 365 account. How can I move my personal calendar of free/ busy schedule to my official account?"
"I am a PhD student and my research topic is how to export Google calendars to Office 365. Please guide me with my research topic."
How to Add/ Migrate Google Calendar to Office 365?
There are two ways to perform this task. Let's discuss both the ways one by one. Follow the steps given below for importing Google calendar into Outlook 365 account:
Manual Method to Import Google Calendar to Office 365
- First open your Gmail account and click on the Apps Menu icon on the top left.
It will give you an option to select different apps. Click on the Calendar option.
- You will get the calendars on the screen, add any even or meeting if you want. Now, click on My Calendars, on the left side, it will give a drop down list with two options i.e. Create new calendar and Settings. Click on the option of Settings.
- In the Calendar Settings, click on the option Export Calendars. It will start downloading the calendar in .ics format.
- Now, login in to an Office 365 account in which you want to transfer/ migrate Google calendars.
Go to option Calendar, click on Add Calendar and the click on From file from the drop down list of add calendar.
- Browse an .ics file you have downloaded from the Gmail account and select a name to view it in Office 365 account. Now, save the selected file by clicking on the Save button.
- Now, view the Gmail calendars in Office 365 account from Your calendars in the left side of the account.
Limitations of the Manual Method in Importing Google Calendar to Office 365 Account
The above mentioned method is to export and import Gmail calendars only but there are some users who want to migrate all their data to Office 365.
Also, the defined process is only applicable on one G suite account at a time. If there are more than 1 account for calendar migration, the user has to repeat the process for each and every Google account
In such cases, it is suggested to use a third-party software which can easily migrate all the data to Office account.
The above gathered information can be concluded to a point that to move Gmail .ics file to Office 365 account is the need of almost every account user, who is migrating the Gmail account to a cloud account. Here, we have discussed the manual as well automated solutions from some of the user queries to import Google calendar to Office 365 account.