How to Migrate Emails to Office 365 Effortlessly - In less than 5 Steps?
Are you planning to migrate emails to Office 365? Then you are in the right place today! In this article, we are going to describe the best way that you can use to perform this task without any hassle or data loss.
The best thing about Office 365 is that - it is available in cloud and is very flexible also. Being a cloud email client is not enough to be popular, understanding the requirement of user and providing the best service/feature makes a cloud platform the best. Among the top ones, MS Office 365 is one of them. This reason attracts many organizations to switch over it. However, migrating emails to Office 365 user account is not an easy task, especially when you are new to it. Therefore, this blog will help you in performing this migration task in the simplest manner.
Multiple Methods to Migrate to Office 365
First of all, if you are even planning to switch over to Office 365 email client, then you require your emails in PST file format. If you don’t have emails in PST format then you can take the help of a wide range of converters available in the market.
If you already have the PST file, then you are ready to migrate emails to Office 365 user account. There are several ways using which one can perform the task, such as to upload PST to Office 365 without Outlook, or using Outlook configuration method or automated software. If you are new to Office 365, then the best solution would be to use an automated tool, as the manual method require high technical knowledge and Admin account.
Best Method to Migrate Emails to Office 365 Using Admin Account
When it comes to automated software to do such task, there are many out there in the market using which you can easily migrate to Office 365. However, to save you from further trouble we have picked the best one according to us. You can use SysTools Office 365 Import tool to easily migrate multiple emails and other items into Office 365 accounts. The tool allows users to migrate emails directly into their Office 365 account with and without the requirement of Admin account. Additionally, during the migration process, the tool offers multiples features and options to migrate selective data to save server space.
Download Now Purchase Now
Solution 1: Steps to Migrate Emails With Office 365 Admin account
While migrating emails to Office 365 using Admin account, the tool enable some unique features. It allows to migrate emails without need of user account password and also allows to migrate emails into shared mailbox if needed.
- Launch the Office 365 Import wizard. Click on ‘Is Admin’ and enter the Office 365 admin Id and password for login.
- Choose Add File(s) or Folder option available in tool to import PST.
- Provide the User account id for each PST file or choose Add CSV option.
- Select the Category as “Email” and set date-range filters
- Choose the Additional filter option if require and then click on the Import button.
The migration process will start and the tool will show the live status of migrating emails inside the tool window.
Solution 2: Steps to Migrate Emails to Office 365 Without Admin Account:
Alert: In case of migration without the Admin account, you need to have the user account id and password of each user in which emails need to be migrated.
- Launch the Office 365 Import Wizard
- Click on Add File(s) or Folder option to include PST file path into the tool.
- For each PST file provide user id and password and then Authenticate all.
- Next, choose the Category as emails and set the date filters for each category.
- Click on Import button to begin the migrate of emails into Office 365 user accounts.
Advanced Features of Automated Tool
- Allows to migrate emails to Office 365 from multiple PST files at a time
- Doesn’t impose file size restriction during migration.
- Provides the option to migrate emails to shared mailbox using Admin account
- Doesn’t require user credentials while using Admin account.
- Category & Date-Range filters for selective data migration.
- Include/Exclude folder option to skip sent and deleted items.
- Option to create a mailbox with same name as PST file.
In the above write-up, we have explained the easiest ways to migrate emails to Office 365. It is recommended for new Office 365 users to take the help of an automated tool explained above. Using this one can migrate their emails with or without admin account. For testing of the tool, you can try its demo version, which allows you to migrate the first 25 emails from each folder in PST file.