A number of email clients are being used by the users, which store their mail items in the MBOX format. Some of the email applications that use .mbox files include etc. However, with the latest release of Microsoft Office 365, users wish to import MBOX to Office 365. The users are quite curious to experience its unique features. At the same time, users do not wish to lose their existing mailbox files. So, there arises a need of solution that can help them to migrate MBOX files directly into O365. In this article, we will discuss about various issues where users might face problems with MBOX files and the methods to upload MBOX to Office 365.
Every day .mbox file users face certain issues while accessing these files. Some of the frequently discussed issues or queries of users include (these are NOT related to Office 365) :
Due to the limited features in .mbox file format applications, most of the users copy MBOX files to Office 365. MS O365 can access email messages, calendar, tasks and other items from anywhere. Moreover, the cloud access makes it more wider to use this application. It successfully overcomes all the major issues faced while accessing the MBOX supported email clients. In short, some of the major reasons, which necessitates to upload MBOX to Office 365 are:
After observing various shortcomings of .mbox / mailbox files, many users search for a reliable and efficient solution like Office 365. The best approach is to use third party tools that guarantee to copy/ move data without any loss.
You can migrate .mbox to Office 365 directly using SysTools MBOX to Office 365 migration tool. It is the best tool to import MBOX / MBX / MBX files into Microsoft Office 365 accounts. It even supports the no-extension MBOX files of Mozilla Thunderbird and similar apps without any issues. This makes it a flexible application that supports all MBOX formats regardless of the associated email client. Download the free demo version from below.
The free demo version supports to upload 25 items per folder from MBOX to Office 365 account.
The main features of the software are as follows:
For a better understanding of the software functionality, you can read the following steps with screenshots:
1. Run the software and use 'Add file/ Add folder' to import MBOX file(s) into the software.
2. In the 'Export options' window, choose to 'Maintain folder hierarchy' as Office 365 as selected by default as the destination.
3. If you select 'With Impersonation', enter and validate the admin id and click the 'Login' button.
3a. Once the admin account is validated, enter the user id to import the MBOX file.
This way you can add user id to different MBOX files and import them all in several accounts at once.
4. If you select 'Without Impersonation', enter the normal user credentials corresponding to the MBOX file.
5. Regardless of what you choose, the next step is to apply filters (if necessary) by clicking the 'Set' button.
6. Choose the range of date for filter. Only the emails received in this date-range will be imported to Office 365 account.
7. Finally, click the 'Export' button to start importing MBOX file to Office 365 application.
8. The migration is successful.
Does the above discussed software provide conversion solution for specific application MBOX files?
What is the use of the Impersonation feature?
How can I import MBOX to Office 365 without losing data integrity?
Is there any risk of .mbox file getting corrupted during conversion?
Which subscription O365 plans are supported by the software to import the mailbox file?
In this article, we have tried to discuss the issues faced by the users while they work with MBOX files. In order to resolve the queries, an efficient approach has been suggested to import MBOX to Office 365. Using this procedure, the users can easily migrate MBOX file to Office 365 using the tool.