Over the past few years, moving email accounts to the cloud has become a major buzzword in the tech world. People find it useful to switch to Office 365 because apart from mailing services, it provides many other applications which ease collaboration as well as data management. Unlike Outlook.com, Microsoft 365 offers data retention policies and more. Therefore, Hotmail users prefer to migrate to the Microsoft Office 365 platform to get the many benefits of this Microsoft SaaS provider. The purpose of this article is to help users perform this migration with ease.
However, many users are having queries related to Hotmail account and its migration to O365. There are different reasons due to which most users prefer to migrate Hotmail email to Office 365, such as:
There is a manual way which can help all AOL Mail users to transfer their email files with attachments from their mailbox to Microsoft 365 account. Users can select the method and execute the migration process by following the manual guidelines.
First take the backup of Outlook.com account into a file and then move the resultant file to Microsoft 365 account. To get the file you need to configure your Hotmail account in on your local system.
How to configure Hotmail account in Outlook?
Follow the steps given below to setup/ synchronize the account manually-
Now, you have to Import PST file into Office 365 Account.
Manual procedures have some disadvantages. They are as follows:
- The uploading will consume a lot of time and effort while import large-sized files into Office 365.
- Complete technical knowledge is required to manually save / migrate Personal Storage Table files.
- Any missed step can lead to data deletion/corruption.
1. Firstly, free download this Hotmail to Office 365 Migration tool on Windows OS. Then, select IMAP as your source platform and Office 365 as destination platform from the interface.
2. Choose the "Email" categories for transferring emails with attachments and use Date-Filter to filter out selective Hotmail emails as needed.
3. Select "Other" and enter Outlook.com Server details along with user credentials in the fields and validate all the account permissions.
4. For the destination account, enter Microsoft Office 365 user credentials and validate all the permissions.
5. At last, press the Start Migration button to complete the process to migrate Hotmail to Microsoft 365 account.
Q- I have 10 GB data in my Outlook.com account mailbox. Can I use this tool to migrate Outlook.com to Office 365?
Q- Will my entire data be safe and remain as it is post migration?
Q- Can I migrate Hotmail to Microsoft 365 on my iPhone or Macbook?
Q- Is it possible to migrae only 2 years of Hotmail emails with attachments to Microsoft 365?
After knowing how to migrate Hotmail to Office 365, it can be concluded that the manual method is free to use but it is not easy to use as it is necessary to have proper technical knowledge during the migration process. Because performing the steps to import to destination Microsoft 365 manually is a hectic process. Also, another drawback of manual solution is that it is time consuming and cannot be done in a quick way. Therefore, to prevent such loopholes, we have also suggested a third-party solution for migration of Outlook.com to Office 365. Download the free version of the tool to use it and securely migrate all email for a limited number of users.